The Special School Uniform
The City of Peterborough Academy Special School has strict guidelines on school dress and all primary and secondary pupils are expected to wear the full school uniform. The wearing of our distinctive uniform gives pupils a sense of ‘belonging’, helps foster pride in the school and stops pupils coming to school in inappropriate clothing or footwear.
- Sensible black shoes (not boots or trainers)
- White polo shirt with purple stripe or plain white polo shirt
- Grey trousers or skirt or pinafore dress (jeans and cords are not allowed)
- Purple sweatshirt with the Academy logo*
- Black or grey socks with trousers. Grey or white socks or mid-grey tights with skirts or pinafore dresses
- A warm coat (not denim) for travelling to and from the school
- A school bag to carry books and equipment
For girls, a lightweight summer dress in the school colours. For boys, grey shorts may be worn. All other uniform items, especially sensible black shoes, remain the same.
- For boys, black shorts with the school logo
- For girls, a black skort with the school logo may be worn
- Purple sports polo shirt with black panels and the school logo
- Suitable trainers or other PE footwear
- PE bag, in purple, with the school logo
As above but pupils should wear black trousers or a black skirt. Tracksuit bottoms instead of PE shorts/skort may be worn.
For parents to provide:
- suitable mid-grey trousers or skirt or pinafore dress.
- suitable socks or tights.
- sensible black shoes.
- suitable footwear for PE.
- a warm coat (not denim) for travelling to and from school.
* These items are made from sweatshirt material to give a softer feel for pupils