Our School Uniform
Uniform is important to us because it means that our pupils develop a sense of belonging. We do understand that for some of our pupils with sensory needs, it is difficult for them to wear our 'regulation' uniform and so we are happy for them to wear plain polo shirts without the embroidered logo.
Jewellery is not allowed. Rings, nose studs or other facial jewellery, nail varnish and make up are not allowed. Ear-rings may be worn but only one stud in each ear, in the lower part of the ear lobe and must be removed or covered up with blue plaster for PE and technology classes. Excessive hair styles are strongly discouraged and all pupils with long hair must have it tied back whilst on the school site.
For 2018/19 our uniform is changing. The current ‘purple’ uniform can still be worn during this year. We are going through rebranding and this may take some time, but we will keep you updated along the way. The new uniform is detailed below, ALL pupils will receive a free pack of two polo shirts, two sweatshirts, a PE Kit and a PE bag, also a book bag or messenger bag. The current school uniform can still be worn for the 2018/19 academic year.
Preferably, shoes must be black, sensible ones for school use. Variations may be permitted upon discussion with a Senior Leader.
• White polo shirt with GAT shield logo (plain polo shirts may also be worn).
• Black sweatshirt with GAT shield logo (plain sweatshirts may also be worn).
• Dark grey or black formal trousers or skirt
(jeans, cords, joggers and ‘hipster’ trousers are not allowed, skirts are to be no shorter than knee length)
• Sensible black shoes flat soled or with very low heels no more than two centimetres high – not boots or trainers
• Black shorts with the School logo, tracksuit bottoms are also permissible.
• Black/purple sports polo shirt and GAT shield logo
• PE bag, in black, with School logo
• Suitable trainers or other PE footwear
For parents to provide:
- suitable grey or black trousers or skirt or pinafore dress.
- suitable socks or tights.
- sensible black shoes.
- suitable footwear for PE.
- a warm coat (not denim/leather) for travelling to and from school.
- sun hats for summer
Uniform is available to order online from Monday 13th August through our suppliers: